Monday, October 19, 2009

Hail The New Puritan



I've been doing a lot of research about Leigh Bowery after being reminded of him in Alexander McQueen's 2009 fall winter collection. I've found a lot of cool shit on youtube about him and I tried to find a torrent for this documentary I watched a couple years ago, but was unlucky.. until I found a torrent for this film about scottish choreographer Michael Clark..
Leigh Bowery designed the costumes in the film, and that's what linked me to it.



I'm not that interested in dance, (with the exception of my obsession with show stopping booty hoe videos on youtube)...
But, watching this was a treat. Clark's interpretive dance stories are pretty sensational and the music for his pieces (by The Fall) really create this interesting punk rock vibe that I really enjoyed.

Check it out.


This was my favorite song/dance sequence in the film:

No comments:

Post a Comment